Component Welding Techologies for Assembly Automation
Isthmus has integrated a variety of welding technologies to accommodate the range of materials used in our customers’ products. Thermoplastics, non-wovens, bimetallics and other materials require specific welding technologies, including:
- Spin Welding
- Resistance Welding
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Light materials
- Bimetallic materials
- Thermal Welding
- Impulse Heat Sealing
- Hot Bar Sealing
- RF Welding
- Laser Welding
Advantages of these welding processes include:
- No additional bonding agent (flux) typically required
- Rapid processing time (compared to traditional welding processes)
- High accuracy and repeatability
- Diagnostic data acquisition
- Flexibility for custom applications
- Compact size of welding equipment
- No introduction of impurities or thermal distortions into the product
With careful attention to the unique requirements of each project, Isthmus will identify the most appropriate welding method and incorporate it into our customer’s automation process.
Did you know?
Since installation, Isthmus' solar panels have generated energy equivalent to what is needed to power 813 homes for a day.